B.F.A. in UX design
Foundation studies: 25 hours
- DRAW 100 Drawing I: Form and Space
- DRAW 101 Drawing II: Composition and Media
- DRAW 230 Drawing for Design
- DSGN 100 Design I: Elements and Organization
- DSGN 101 Color: Theory and Application
General education: 55 hours
- ANTH 101 Introduction to Anthropology
- ARTH 100 Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH 110 Survey of Western Art II
- COMM 105 Speaking of Ideas
- ELDS 205 Computer-aided Product Design
- ENGL 123 Composition
- MATH 104 Mathematics of Computer Science
- MATH 204 Algorithm Design and Analysis
- MATH 240 Logic
- — ARLH or ARTH elective
- — General education elective*
Major curriculum: 90 hours
- GRDS 205 Typography I: Anatomy, Form and Space
- GRDS 285 Graphic Design Media Management
- GRDS 348 Graphic Design Studio I: Idea Visualization
- GRDS 353 Typography II: Information and Media
- GRDS 370 Information Design†
- IACT 315 Human/Computer Interaction
- IACT 330 Prototyping Electronics for Designers
- IACT 370 Information Architecture†
- IACT 375 Perceptual and Cognitive Human Factors
- IDUS 212 Model and Prototype Development
- IDUS 215 Contextual Research Methods
- ITGM 220 Core Principles: Programming
- ITGM 326 Applied Principles: Programming
- ITGM 415 Advanced Principles: Programming
- UXDG 330 UX Design Studio I: Innovation
- UXDG 350 Professional Practices for UX Designers‡
- UXDG 415 UX Design Studio II: The Complexity of Simplicity§
- UXDG 450 UX Design Senior Studio I: Researching and Ideation#
- UXDG 490 UX Design Senior Studio II: Prototyping and Communication#
- UXDG 580 Sponsored Collaboration for UX§
- — CLC, GRDS, IACT, IDUS, ITGM, MOME or SERV elective‡
Additional electives: 10 hours
- — Free elective
- — Free elective
Total course of study: 180 hours
* Consult the general education and mathematics competency requirements.
† Choose one of these two courses.
‡ Choose one of these courses.
§ Choose one of these two courses.
# Sponsored individual student senior project.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.