This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As a service design student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
Center of collaboration
You’ll have access to cutting-edge resources at the Gulfstream Center for Design, home of the service design department. In this 42,000-square-foot former warehouse, rebuilt and repurposed by SCAD, you will form collaborative relationships with students in related fields such as industrial design and design management, who also share this space.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Computer labs with Cintiq pen displays
- Rhino 3-D with Orca and Grasshopper modeling software
- SolidWorks solid modeling CAD software
- Keyshot 3-D rendering and animation software
- Rapid prototyping and printing lab
- Seven 3-D printers and two laser cutters
- 10,000-square-foot model shop with woodworking and metal fabrication studios
- Three-axis computer and large envelope five-axis CNC router
- Numerically controlled vertical milling machine
- Spray booth for painting models, welding facility and plastics-working area
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
Savannah Film Festival
Sit back with more than 40,000 guests who attend the eight-day Savannah Film Festival and benefit from film screenings, workshops, celebrity panels and lectures. It's the perfect way to get your creative juices flowing.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming a designer
We'll tell you everything you need to know about landing your dream job in the field of service design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.