This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As a themed entertainment design student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
Unforgettable experiences made daily
Because themed entertainment design combines many disciplines including theatrical arts, this department is housed in Crites Hall, home of the performing arts and production design departments. There you will have the classroom space needed to explore innovative "blue sky" concepts as well as a scene shop to gain hands-on experience building memorable spaces.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Scene workshop to create backdrops and props and learn building techniques used for set construction
- Prop and costume shop for the creation of set pieces and other resources used in productions
- 20-seat computer lab with Intuos Graphics tablets at each station
- Mondanaro Theater (150 seats), Trustees Theater (1,100 seats), Lucas Theatre (1,200 seats)
- Two DL3 projectors and a Road Hog 4 board
- Lecture classrooms featuring projectors and drafting tables
- Adobe Creative Cloud (always up-to-date and free for download)
Savannah Film Festival
Sit back with more than 40,000 guests who attend the eight-day Savannah Film Festival and benefit from film screenings, workshops, celebrity panels and lectures. It's the perfect way to get your creative juices flowing.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming a designer
We'll tell you everything you need to know about launching your career in the field of themed entertainment design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.