This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As a production design student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
Stages of imagination and skill
At Crites Hall, your creations will reach new heights as you enjoy full access to superior tools and resources available in the scenic room and the prop and costume shop. Your talents can come to life in custom-designed spaces for industry-level productions at Savannah Film Studios. Then see the end result in a wide range of performance spaces — from a black box venue to the historic Lucas Theatre for the Arts.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Scene workshop to create backdrops and props and learn building techniques used for set construction
- Prop and costume shop for the creation of set pieces and other resources used in productions
- Two DL3 projectors and a Road Hog 4 board
- Mondanaro Theater (150 seats), Trustees Theater (1,100 seats), Lucas Theatre (1,200 seats)
- Lecture classrooms featuring projectors and drafting tables
- 20-seat computer lab with Intuos Graphics tablets at each station
Savannah Film Festival
Sit back with more than 40,000 guests who attend the eight-day Savannah Film Festival and benefit from film screenings, workshops, celebrity panels and lectures. It's the perfect way to get your creative juices flowing.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming a production designer
We'll tell you everything you need to know about landing your dream job in production design. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.