M.A. in furniture design
- SDES 501 Visual Communication and Presentation*
- SDES 502 The Human Factor, Design Thinking*
- SDES 503 Fundamentals of Graduate Research*
- FURN 708 3-D Computer-aided Design for Furniture
- FURN 715 Methods in Furniture Fabrication
- FURN 732 Evolution of Furniture Design
- FURN 738 Furniture Studio: Design and Implementation
- FURN 748 Furniture Studio: Process and Prototype
- FURN 749 Furniture Design M.A. Final Project
- — 700-level ARLH or ARTH elective
- — Directed elective†
- — 500- to 700-level elective
Total course of study: 45 hours*
* Intensive coursework may be assigned upon admission.
† Choose one of the following: DMGT 702 History and Interpretation of Innovation, DMGT 706 Idea Visualization, DMGT 720 Design Innovation Development and Marketing Strategies, IDUS 711 Methods of Contextual Research, INDS 706 Interior Design Theory and Criticism, INDS 726 Human Response to the Built Environment, INDS 740 Contemporary Issues in Interior Design, SDES 704 Applied Theory in Design, SUST 704 Applied Theories in Sustainability or SUST 708 Principles of Sustainable Materials.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.