Student employment

SCAD provides paid job opportunities to enrolled students. Positions may be available on or off campus and are designed to offer students real-life professional experience. SCAD-funded student employment and federal-funded work study positions pay minimum wage at a maximum of 20 hours per week. Student workers are paid every two weeks and earnings can be direct deposited or received by check.

There are some basic eligibility requirements that must be met while other positions may have additional needs. You may review your eligibility on MySCAD within the Student Employment channel.

For more information, student employment staff can also be reached by phone during normal business hours at 912.525.8776 or by email at [email protected].


  • You must be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student
  • You must be enrolled at least half time
  • Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 10 credit hours per quarter
  • Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 5 credit hours per quarter
  • You must have a minimum 2.0 GPA as an undergraduate student and a 3.0 GPA as a graduate student
  • You must be making satisfactory academic progress

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program at SCAD provides part-time on-campus and off-campus job opportunities for degree-seeking students. This federally funded program is designed to provide jobs that complement and reinforce a student’s educational program and career goals.

Money earned through federal work study can be used to help pay for any educational expenses such as tuition, fees, housing, books, supplies, etc. It’s important to remember that you are responsible for determining where the money is allocated: earnings are not automatically applied to tuition or fees, rather you will receive a biweekly payroll disbursement.

You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid before SCAD can determine your federal work study eligibility. A FAFSA can be submitted by U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens.

How to apply for student employment or FWS

  • Log in to MySCAD
  • Select the My Info tab
  • Scroll down to the Student Employment channel

In the Student Employment channel, under "Eligibility," you will see one of the following:

  1. You are eligible for federal and institutional employment.
  2. You are eligible for federal employment.
  3. You are eligible for institutional employment.
  4. You are not eligible at this time.

If eligible for student employment, you should:

  • Review the available open positions listed by location (click the hyperlink that relates to your location).
  • Follow hiring instructions on job posting.


Student employee benefits

  • Students with little or no employment experience can establish an employment record and acquire fundamental professional skills that are necessary in their desired professional careers.
  • Students have an opportunity to gain career-related experience through various employment opportunities on and off campus.
  • Supervisors of student employees are sensitive to a student's academic schedule and provide flexibility in scheduling around class times.
  • Student employment positions provide networking opportunities for students who are beginning to build their professional careers.

Community service

A variety of community service opportunities are available for Federal Work-Study eligible students, who wish to provide services that improve the quality of life for community residents.

Community service positions can be on-campus, off-campus or both, and allow students to be involved with a variety of non-profit organizations.

Frequently asked questions

Where do I find a list of open positions?

Available student employment positions are listed in MySCAD in the Student Employment channel.

How many hours can I work?

Each student is allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.

How many jobs can I have?

There is no limit on the number of jobs students can have; however, each student cannot work more than 20 hours per week.

Still have questions?