Veterans and state aid

When it comes to funding your college education, there are additional opportunities available to qualified students through veterans aid and other state aid programs. In order to become eligible for these benefits, students may need to produce required documentation.

Veterans benefits accepted at SCAD

  • Chapter 30 Montgomery G.I. Bill (MGIB)
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Education
  • Chapter 32 Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill
  • Chapter 35 Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA)
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery G.I. Bill — Selected Reserve (MGIB — SR)
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Education Assistance Program

How to apply for and receive VA benefits

SCAD supports veterans and works with the Veterans Administration to ensure that former service members have access to benefits programs that enable them to complete their education.

Learn more

Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)

Find out more about VR&E and how to complete the enrollment questionnaire.

Learn more

Transferring post-9/11 benefits to dependents

Learn how to transfer unused Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.

Learn more

Tuition payments

Read more about payments covered by the VA and other fees that students may incur.

Learn more

Yellow Ribbon

See how the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program can help veterans cover educational expenses.

Learn more

Monthly Housing Allowance and book stipends

View information about payment times for MHA and book stipends.

Learn more


Understand how entitlements work and how to track them.

Learn more

If you have additional questions about how veterans benefits work at SCAD, contact the veterans benefits specialist at [email protected].

State aid

Students who qualify for state programs that are payable to out-of-state colleges should contact their state's educational authority for information on application and payment. SCAD will provide an invoice for a state program that requires one. Funding does not show as a credit on the student's account until payment is received.

Students who qualify for state programs that are not payable at out-of-state colleges should contact the SCAD office of admission directly:

Atlanta admission office


Savannah admission office