Veterans and state aid
When it comes to funding your college education, there are additional opportunities available to qualified students through veterans aid and other state aid programs. In order to become eligible for these benefits, students may need to produce required documentation.
Veterans benefits accepted at SCAD
- Chapter 30 Montgomery G.I. Bill (MGIB)
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Education
- Chapter 32 Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill
- Chapter 35 Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery G.I. Bill — Selected Reserve (MGIB — SR)
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Education Assistance Program
How to apply for and receive VA benefits
SCAD supports veterans and works with the Veterans Administration to ensure that former service members have access to benefits programs that enable them to complete their education.
Students who qualify for state programs that are payable to out-of-state colleges should contact their state's educational authority for information on application and payment. SCAD will provide an invoice for a state program that requires one. Funding does not show as a credit on the student's account until payment is received.
Students who qualify for state programs that are not payable at out-of-state colleges should contact the SCAD office of admission directly:
Atlanta admission office
Savannah admission office