Apply for FAFSA
Complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online and include SCAD as one of your school choices. Students must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to complete the FAFSA.
- SCAD Federal School Code: 015022
- Submit early for priority consideration for federal grants.
- Once submitted, students will receive a Student Aid Report. Review this for accuracy and submit any necessary corrections.
- If selected for verification, respond promptly with the requested information.
Receive financial award letter
Students who have completed the 2018-19 FAFSA and all necessary requirements at least two weeks prior to the end of March will receive an award letter via SCAD email.
- Students must accept the terms and conditions in addition to their award offer in MySCAD in order to receive aid including scholarships, grants and loans.
Review important financial aid information
First-time borrowers must complete the following via studentloans.gov:
- Master Promissory Note
- Entrance loan counseling
Apply for additional aid if necessary
Students may apply for supplemental financial aid to cover the cost of education.
- Parents of dependent students may apply for the credit-based Direct Plus loan. Approved parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance received.
- Students may apply for alternative, credit-based loans from private lenders through ELMselect.com which provides a list of lenders that provide products and services for many students and their families.
- SCAD accepts a variety of scholarships from outside sources and organizations that are currently available for undergraduate, graduate and international students. Learn more about outside scholarship opportunities.
Review financial aid award in MySCAD
Once the student receives a notice to review their award of financial aid, students should log in to MySCAD and confirm that the terms, conditions and loans have been accepted.
Fall quarter student account information is available via a link emailed to students
- Review the account closely to ensure all expected financial aid is listed under "Anticipated Aid" and deducted from the fall quarter balance.
- Follow up with student success and advising if you have any questions regarding your student account.
Fall quarter tuition, housing and meal plan balance due Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2018
Balances not paid by the due date are subject to a late fee of 5 percent of the account balance. View all tuition due dates for the 2018-19 academic year.