Financial aid timeline
Now is the time to start exploring the financial aid options available to fund a SCAD education during the 2017–18 academic year. The details below will help you understand your responsibilities and give you a timeline to ensure you have the best possible financial aid package in place for the upcoming academic year.
October 2016 through March 2017
Complete the 2017–18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).*
- The 2017–18 FAFSA goes live Oct. 1, 2016.
- SCAD school code is 015022.
- Submit early for priority consideration for federal grants.
- Once the FAFSA is submitted, students will receive a Student Aid Report. Review this for accuracy and make any necessary corrections to your FAFSA.
- If selected for verification, respond promptly with the requested information.
*Student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to complete the FAFSA.
Apply for current student scholarships: Students on schedule to complete at least 45 credit hours at SCAD by the end of spring quarter may apply for current student scholarships. Any award received is a one-time award disbursed only for the following academic year. Current students may submit an application through MySCAD any time during the month of April.
Receive financial aid award letter: Students who have completed the 2017–18 FAFSA and all necessary requirements at least two weeks prior to the end of April will receive an award letter via SCAD email.
- Students must accept the terms and conditions in addition to their award offer in MySCAD in order to receive aid including scholarships, grants and loans.
- Review important information about financial aid at the links below.
- First-time borrowers must also complete a Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling.
Apply for additional aid: Students may apply for supplemental financial aid, if needed, to cover the cost of education.
- Parents of dependent students may apply for the credit-based federal Direct PLUS loan. Approved parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance received.
- Students may apply for alternative, credit-based loans from private lenders through ELMselect.com, which provides a list of lenders that provide products and services for many students and their families.
- Learn more about outside scholarships.
Review financial aid award in MySCAD
- Students should confirm that terms and conditions and loans have been accepted.
Fall 2017 billing statement emailed to students
- Review the billing statement closely to ensure all expected financial aid is listed under "Anticipated Aid" and deducted from the fall quarter balance.
- Follow up with student success and advising if you have any questions regarding your billing statement.
Fall 2017 tuition, housing and meal plan balance due Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2017.
- Balances not paid by the due date are subject to a late fee of 5 percent of the account balance.
- View all upcoming quarterly tuition due dates for the 2017–18 academic year.