Take the SCAD Challenge
Design. Enter. Win.
Put your artistic vision to the test for an opportunity to earn a scholarship to SCAD, The University for Creative Careers.
SCAD Challenge entries must consist of a single piece and demonstrate creativity, innovation, and a strong understanding of aesthetics. Let your design speak to your skill level and ability to handle university-level art and design assignments.
Challenges are open to current juniors and seniors in high school as of the 2020–21 academic year. A panel of SCAD faculty will review and evaluate submitted entries, and three winners will be selected from each category.
SCAD Challenge categories
- 2D design
- 3D design and modeling
- Animation and game design
- Graphic design
- Performing arts
How to enter
Complete an application
Junior and senior entrants must complete an undergraduate application for admission to SCAD. Online applications must be submitted by 5:30 p.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 17, 2020.
- Submit work to be considered in one or more SCAD Challenge categories, keeping in mind your submission is not required to reflect your major of interest. For example, if you intend on majoring in interior design at SCAD, and your current strength is photography, you may submit a piece in the photography category. You may submit only one piece per SCAD Challenge category.
Submit your work
Students who have already completed the undergraduate application should submit their work to the SCAD Challenge categories in SlideRoom. Scroll down in SlideRoom and review all of the SCAD Challenge guidelines. Applicants may submit work to a category outside of their primary major of interest. Applicants may enter work into multiple categories. Artwork must be submitted by 5:30 p.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 17, 2020.
- Your entry should show work in one or more of the SCAD Challenge categories listed above.
- To see submission guidelines and enter your work, log on to SlideRoom.
- From the directory of portfolio categories, scroll toward the bottom of the page and select the SCAD Challenge category that matches the competition you wish to enter (for example: "SCAD Challenge: Photography").
- Complete the form as directed, upload your materials and submit.
Winners will be notified Friday, March 6, 2020
What you can win
Three winners from each SCAD Challenge category will receive a scholarship upon admission to the university. Scholarships are renewable each year until completion of a bachelor's degree as long as the recipient maintains a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.