Showcase your art for a chance at a scholarship
Your artistic vision could earn you the honor of being a SCAD Challenge scholarship recipient at The University for Creative Careers.
The SCAD Challenge competition gives you the opportunity to submit your works of art to a panel of accomplished SCAD faculty. Entries must demonstrate creativity, innovation and a strong understanding of aesthetics. Let your design speak to your skill level and ability to handle university-level design assignments.
Challenges are open to current juniors and seniors in high school as of the 2018-19 academic year. A panel of SCAD faculty will review and evaluate submitted entries, and three winners will be selected from each category.
SCAD Challenge categories
- 2-D design
- 3-D design and modeling
- Animation and game design
- Graphic design
- Performing arts
How to enter
Complete an application
Junior and senior entrants must complete an undergraduate application for admission to SCAD. Online applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. ET, Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
- Submit work to be considered in one or more SCAD Challenge categories, keeping in mind your submission is not required to reflect your major interest. For example, if you intend on majoring in interior design at SCAD, and your current strength is photography, you may submit a piece in the photography category. Only one piece per category will be accepted.
Submit your work
Students who have already completed the undergraduate application should submit their work to the SCAD Challenge categories in SlideRoom. Scroll down in SlideRoom and review all of the SCAD Challenge guidelines. Applicants may submit work to a category outside of their primary major of interest. Applicants may enter work into multiple categories. Artwork must be submitted by 5 p.m. ET, Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
- Your entry should show work in one or more of the SCAD Challenge categories listed above.
- To see submission guidelines and enter your work, log on to SlideRoom.
- From the directory of portfolio categories, scroll toward the bottom of the page and select the SCAD Challenge category that matches the competition you wish to enter (for example: "SCAD Challenge: Photography").
- Complete the form as directed, upload your materials and submit.
Winners will be notified
- Friday, March 8, 2019
What you can win
Three winners from each SCAD Challenge category will receive a scholarship upon admission to the university. Scholarships are renewable each year until completion of a bachelor's degree as long as the recipient maintains a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.