Credit balance refunds

After all SCAD charges have been paid, any credit in excess of charges may be refunded. Credit balances created by Federal Title IV aid programs are available for refund to students the second week of each quarter. To claim their credit balance refunds, students must have been awarded aid and must meet the enrollment criteria for their aid programs. SCAD does not provide cash advances prior to the drop/add period. Students must plan ahead and have their own funds available to purchase books and supplies, pay rent, etc. Students may elect to have their credit balance refunds deposited directly into their bank accounts in order to avoid delays in receiving funds. To set up direct deposit for student credit balance refunds, students may log into MySCAD > My Info tab > My Student Account channel > "Direct Deposit for Student Refunds" link.

In instances where direct deposit has not been set up, a paper check will be mailed or available for pickup at the Student Accounts Office. Any refund check that goes uncashed by a student/parent will result in the associated Title IV funds being returned to the federal government as required by Title IV federal student aid regulations.