Submit your best work for 2018 SCAD Foundation Studies Portfolio Award Exhibition
Compete for a chance to showcase your best work at this annual exhibition featuring a variety of design, color theory and drawing pieces by foundation studies students.
Any undergraduate student who has accumulated 71 credit hours or less and has completed, or is currently enrolled in, at least one SCAD foundation studies course is eligible to enter.
To enter, compile the following requirements in a single PDF file and email to professor Jeffrey Hicks at email@example.com by Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018. The subject line of your email should read "Your_Name 2018 FSPA."
• Your name
• SCAD email address
• Phone number
• Major or intended major
• Home address (not your SCAD address)
• A typed, one-page, double-spaced statement titled, "Why Foundation Studies is Important to My Education."
• An unofficial transcript (accessible via MySCAD).
To find your unofficial transcript:
- Log in to MySCAD > Student Workspace tab.
- In your Academic Profile channel, select the "Transcript" link.
- In the drop-down menus, choose "Undergraduate" and "Unofficial."
- Take a screenshot of the entire document. Be sure to use the Safari browser, as Firefox and others do not show the entire document.
Five original pieces of artwork completed while attending SCAD.
- Images should be saved at 72 dpi (high resolution, no less than 300 PPI in any direction)*
- Each image slide should include: your name, contact information, title of the work, medium used, physical dimensions and course in which it was produced, including the professor's name.
*For instructions on photographing, sizing and loading your photos in a PDF file, visit blog.scad.edu/foundationstudies.
Any submission that does not follow these exact guidelines will not be considered.
Accepted works must be delivered to Wallin Hall by noon, Thursday, Feb. 8. We reserve the right to reject work that is poorly prepared or otherwise lacking in craftsmanship, or diverges greatly from the digital image submitted.
Ten finalists will receive a $100 Ex Libris voucher, and one overall winner will receive a tuition scholarship for one class for a subsequent quarter at SCAD.
Questions? Email professor Jeffrey Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.