Student accounts frequently asked questions
What methods of payment does SCAD accept for student account charges?
SCAD accepts the following payment methods in U.S. dollars:
- MySCAD secure, online payment with electronic check, credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Cash, check, money order or traveler's check in U.S. or Hong Kong dollars, accepted by mail or in person.
- Wire transfers sent directly to the bank SCAD uses.
- Wire transfers using Flywire by peerTransfer (international students only).
- My Payment Plan automated payments with a debit card, credit card or bank account made through CASHNet, accessible in MySCAD. This service charges an enrollment fee.
SCAD Hong Kong accepts both U.S. and Hong Kong dollars.
A convenience fee of 2.75 percent or US$3, whichever is greater, will apply to all credit and debit card transactions.
Learn more on the SCAD financial aid webpage.
Can I pay student account charges in person?
Cash, check, money order or traveler's check payments may be taken in person at SCAD student financial services in Atlanta, Hong Kong and Savannah; Turner Express in Savannah; and the SCAD Card offices in Atlanta and Savannah.
Can I make my payment by phone?
As of June 1, 2015 regulations no longer allow SCAD to accept credit or debit card payments over the phone due to privacy and security concerns. The easiest way to make a secure, online payment by electronic check, credit or debit card is by logging into MySCAD > clicking on the My Info tab > in the My Student Account channel > then click on the “Make a Payment — US$” link.
How can I avoid the 2.75 percent convenience fee when making a payment to SCAD?
Only debit and credit card transactions are assessed the convenience fee. The following methods of payments do not have a convenience fee:
- MySCAD online secure payment in U.S. dollars with electronic check.
- Cash, check, money order or traveler's check in U.S. or Hong Kong dollars, accepted by mail or in person. (Please note Hong Kong dollars are accepted only at SCAD Hong Kong.)
- Wire transfers to SCAD's bank in U.S. dollars.
- Payment plan: Automated drafts in U.S. dollars from a bank account may be made through TouchNet, accessible in MySCAD. Students must enroll quarterly and pay an enrollment fee of 3 percent of the balance due to participate in the payment plan.