Apply to SCAD Rising Star
|2020 application timeline|
|Sept. 30||Application available online|
|June 15||Balance due|
Invoices are sent at the time of acceptance; however, if acceptance is granted after payment due dates, fees are due upon acceptance.
Scholarships are not awarded for Rising Star through eLearning. Courses are offered at half tuition, and students do not need to submit a portfolio or other scholarship materials.
Applications for the 2020 SCAD Rising Star program are available now!
Start your application today.
Admission to SCAD Rising Star is highly selective and preference is granted to applicants with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, a strong visual arts portfolio, and demonstration of maturity, leadership and responsibility.
- Completed online application.
- US$50/HK$388 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official high school/secondary school transcript. (Applicants must be current high school juniors.)
- Evidence of English proficiency for those whose first language is not English. (These applicants must provide qualifying test scores on one of the following: TOEFL, IELTS, ACTFL or PTE Academic. View our undergraduate admission requirements for details.)
SCAD may request supplemental materials if needed.
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- List of achievements
- Official report of SAT or ACT scores for citizens or permanent residents of the United States (optional for Rising Star admission; required for freshman admission)
- If applicable, any other documents or materials required to obtain a student visa
Portfolios are evaluated on the following qualitative measures: aesthetic awareness, composition, drawing, design, color perception, spatial perception, quality of presentation, technique and originality. Strong 2-D and 3-D work that shows attention to technique, drawing, scale and original design are favorably considered.