A valid SCAD ID is needed to check out materials.
Circulation periods are as follows:
- Undergraduates may check out up to 10 circulating books for two-week periods.
- Graduate students may check out up to 30 books at a time.
- Faculty members may check out books for 180 days, but the books are subject to recall for use by another patron at any time. Books which have been requested by other patrons will check out for 30 days.
- SCAD staff (non-faculty) may check out up to 10 circulating books for two-week periods.
- SCAD Alumni may check out up to five circulating books for two-week periods.
Checked-out materials may be renewed online provided that:
- The item is not on hold for another patron.
- The item is not overdue.
- The patron does not owe any fines to the library.
- If unable to renew online, please bring the item(s) to the library in-person or call for more information.
Reference books, reserve materials, periodicals and special collections are for in-library use only.
Fines are charged on overdue materials at the following rates:
- Circulating materials: 10 cents per day
- Interlibrary loan materials: $5 per day
- Reserve materials (limited in-library use only): $1 per hour
Fines can be paid in the library with cash, check, or SCAD card (no credit cards). Please call the library if you are unable to pay a fine in-person.