Music production minor
From professional music production environments to home studios, the contemporary music producer must be versatile and display a wider breadth of knowledge than ever before. In addition, today's music producers collaborate with talent beyond the studio using cloud-based technologies. This minor prepares students for this dynamic music production environment, from songwriting through the final mix. Through a range of music, sound and production courses, students develop the skills necessary for music production, including MIDI sequencing, looping, sampling and traditional recording techniques.
- SNDS 101 Sound for Film and Television
- SNDS 102 Sound for Animation and Games
- SNDS 212 Music for Media
- SNDS 312 ADR and Voice-over
- SNDS 314 Music Sequencing
- SNDS 402 Music Production
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.