1. Submit completed and signed verification worksheet, as requested.
2. If you successfully utilized the IRS data retrieval tool when completing the FASFA and did not change the data on your FAFSA, you are not required to submit a tax transcript and will not be asked for one.
3. If you did not utilize the IRS data retrieval tool, or made changes to the data on your FAFSA, you must submit your prior-year IRS tax return transcript(s).
a. Dependent students must also submit parent(s) prior-year IRS tax return transcript.
b. Independent student must also submit spouse's prior-year IRS tax return transcript if filing separately.
c. Foreign tax returns must be converted into US dollars, as on the FAFSA.
d. IRS transcripts can be requested online, by phone 800.908.9946, or by mail using form 4506-T.
4. If you submitted an amended tax return to the IRS, you must also provide a signed copy of your 1040X amended return, in addition to the IRS tax return transcript.
5. You do not need to make changes to your FAFSA; SCAD will do that as needed after verification. However, you can update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool and if no changes are made to the data submitting a tax transcript is not necessary.
115 E. York St.
Savannah, Ga. 31401
912.525.5820 (undergraduate) or 912.525.6315 (graduate)
1600 Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, Ga. 30309
292 Tai Po Road
Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Financial Aid office
P.O. Box 2701
Savannah, Ga. 31402-2701
If you have requested a filing extension, you must submit a copy of the completed Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, IRS Form 4868, along with the following documentation: