Financial aid timeline
Now is the time to start exploring the financial aid options available to fund a SCAD education during the 2018-19 academic year. The details below will help you understand your responsibilities and give you a timeline to ensure you have the best possible financial aid package in place for the upcoming academic year.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA.*
- The 2018-19 FAFSA goes live Oct. 1, 2017.
- SCAD school code is 015022.
- Submit early for priority consideration for federal grants.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to ensure your information is as accurate as possible.
- Once the FAFSA is submitted, students receive a Student Aid Report. Review this for accuracy and make any necessary corrections to your FAFSA.
- If selected for verification, respond promptly with the requested information.
*Student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to complete the FAFSA.
Apply for current student scholarships: Students on schedule to complete at least 45 credit hours at SCAD by the end of spring quarter may apply for current student scholarships. Any award received is a one-time award disbursed only for the following academic year. Current students may submit an application through MySCAD any time during the month of April.
Receive financial aid award letter: Students who have completed the FAFSA and all necessary requirements at least two weeks prior to the end of April will receive an award letter via SCAD email.
- Students must accept the terms and conditions in addition to their award offer in MySCAD in order to receive aid including scholarships, grants and loans.
- Review important information about financial aid at the links below.
- First-time borrowers must also complete a Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling.
Apply for additional aid: Students may apply for supplemental financial aid, if needed, to cover the cost of education.
- Parents of dependent students may apply for the credit-based federal Direct PLUS loan. Approved parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance received.
- Students may apply for alternative, credit-based loans from private lenders through ELMselect.com, which provides a list of lenders that provide products and services for many students and their families.
- Learn more about outside scholarships.
Review financial aid award in MySCAD
- Students should confirm that terms and conditions and loans have been accepted.
Fall quarter billing statement emailed to students
- Review the billing statement closely to ensure all expected financial aid is listed under "Anticipated Aid" and deducted from the fall quarter balance.
- Follow up with student success and advising if you have any questions regarding your billing statement.
Fall quarter tuition, housing and meal plan balance is due Aug. 1, 2018.
- Balances not paid by the due date are subject to a late fee of 5 percent of the account balance.