Finanical aid timeline
Now is the time to start exploring the financial options available to fund a SCAD education during the 2014-15 academic year. The details below will help you understand your responsibilities and give you a timeline for ensuring you have the best possible financial aid package in place for the upcoming academic year.
Complete the 2014-15 free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).*
- SCAD school code: 015022
- Submit early for priority consideration for federal grants
- Once submitted, students will receive a Student Aid Report. Review this for accuracy and submit any necessary corrections.
- If selected for verification, respond promptly with the requested information.
*Student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to complete the FAFSA
Apply for current student scholarships: Students who are on schedule to complete at least 45 credit hours at SCAD by the end of spring quarter may apply for scholarships open to current students. Any award received is a one-time award disbursed only for the following academic year. Current students have the month of April to submit an application through MySCAD.
Receive financial aid award letter: Students who have completed the 2014-15 FAFSA and all necessary requirements at least two weeks prior to the end of April will receive an award letter via SCAD email.
- Students must accept the terms and conditions in addition to their award offer in MySCAD in order to receive aid including scholarships, grants and/or loans.
- Review important information about financial aid at the links below.
- First-time borrowers must also complete a Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling.
Apply for additional aid: If needed, students may apply for supplemental financial aid to cover the cost of education.
- Parents of dependent students may apply for the credit-based federal Direct PLUS loan. Approved parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance received.
- Students may apply for alternative, credit-based loans from private lenders through elmselect.com. ELMselect provides a list of lenders that provide products and services for many students and their families.
- Learn more about outside scholarships.
Review financial aid award in MySCAD
- Students should confirm terms and conditions have been accepted
- Students should confirm loans have been accepted
Fall 2014 billing statement emailed to students
- Review the billing statement closely to ensure all expected financial aid is listed under “Anticipated Aid” and deducted from the fall quarter balance.
- Follow up with student success and advising if you have any questions regarding the billing statement.
Fall 2014 tuition, housing and meal plan balance due Aug. 1.
- Balances not paid by the scheduled due date are subject to a late fee of 5 percent of the account balance.
View all upcoming quarterly tuition due dates for the 2014-15 academic year.