Eligibility and deadlines
Applicants must submit a proposal to be considered for an ambassadorship. Successful applicants are SCAD alumni with artistic and creative expertise who will serve as ambassadors for their alma mater and produce work that is imbued with the essence of the location where the project is created.
The program is open to all SCAD alumni pursuing creative practice. Applicants must have an undergraduate or graduate degree from SCAD and must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application. Demonstrated excellence in a creative practice is paramount.
Alumni are not eligible to apply if they are current SCAD students, faculty, staff, board or council members.
Alumni who have a relationship with any current or former faculty, staff, board or council members must state that relationship. These individuals cannot be used as references, nor will they be permitted to serve on the selection committee.
SCAD Alumni Atelier ambassadors cannot reapply for a period of three years after their residency.
- Completed application form
- Commission summary
To request the complete RFP, including FAQs, contact us.
Residencies are eight weeks, coinciding with weeks two through nine of any SCAD academic quarter. Applicants will be considered for one of the following SCAD locations:
Savannah and Atlanta (Fall, Winter, Spring), Lacoste (Summer)
- Application deadline: Friday, June 24, 2016
- Acceptance notification: Friday, July 22, 2016
- Residency period: Sept. 20-Nov. 11, 2016
- Departure: Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016
- Application deadline: Friday, Oct. 14, 2016
- Acceptance notification: Friday, Nov. 11, 2016
- Residency period: Jan. 10-March 3, 2017
- Departure: Saturday, March 4, 2017
- Application deadline: Friday, Jan. 6, 2017
- Acceptance notification: Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
- Residency period: April 4-May 26, 2017
- Departure: Saturday, May 27, 2017
- Application deadline: Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
- Acceptance notification: Friday, March 10, 2017
- Residency period: June 13-Aug. 18, 2017
- Departure: Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017