English Language Program (ELP)
SCAD Language Studio provides instruction to international students who are interested in developing their English to further their professional, academic or personal goals.
While enhancing their language studies at a global art and design university, ELP students may attend world-class SCAD events, exhibitions and conferences; have access to the university's premier learning resources and cutting-edge technology; and adapt and thrive in American culture. During winter and spring breaks, ELP students attend art and design workshops, and have the opportunity to participate in all activities and trips offered by the SCAD Language Studio. Families of ELP students are encouraged to visit SCAD, attend SCAD Language Studio exhibitions that showcase their students' work from art and design workshops, and experience life at The University for Creative Careers.
SCAD Language Studio offers Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) preparation support to ELP students who complete the program successfully. In addition, full-time advisers help ELP students who are taking SCAD courses for credit and applying for SCAD degree programs. Acceptance into a SCAD degree program is contingent upon meeting SCAD general admission criteria.
- Improve your personal and professional English language skills.
- Experience the creative environment of a global art and design university.
- Use your gap year to study English and explore university life in the U.S.
- Attend world-class events, exhibitions and conferences.
- Gain access to premier learning resources and cutting-edge technology.
- Enjoy art and design workshops during breaks.
- Invite your family to visit.
- Prepare for TOEFL and IELTS.
- Receive support from advisers for mapping out the rest of your journey at SCAD.*
*Acceptance into a SCAD degree program is contingent upon meeting SCAD general admission criteria.
After you take the English proficiency test, your ELP course of study will be curated to meet your language needs. If you successfully complete the ELP program and apply to SCAD, you will fulfill the language proficiency requirements.