CAPP application checklist
Students who are interested in participating in the CAPP program should do the following:
- Complete and submit the registration form. Please note that the submission deadline for the registration form, CAPP fees and the housing registration form is Monday, June 27, 2016.
You will receive an email confirming your place in the CAPP program after your registration form is received. Once you receive this email, please do the following:
- Pay the CAPP fees. You may do this in MySCAD after you have paid your US$500 MAT fee. Further information is available on the student financial services page in MySCAD. All fees must be paid in full by Monday, June 27, 2016.
If you have already received a SEVIS I-20 form, verify your start date. If the start date on your I-20 is not Thursday, July 28, 2016, you must email ISSO for an updated I-20. Your new I-20 will list your new program start date of Thursday, July 28, 2016. It is important to note that you may not enter the U.S. more than 30 days before your program start date. To receive a new I-20, send an email to ISSO with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your SCAD ID number
- The mailing address where you would like your replacement I-20 to be sent
- The telephone number at your mailing address
- Once this information has been received, the ISSO will be able to send you the replacement I-20.
- Important note: The SEVIS number on your I-20 will remain the same, so you do not need to pay the I-901 fee again or obtain a new F-1 visa if you have already had your appointment.
- Pay the I-901 fee and schedule your F-1 visa appointment if you have not already done so.
- Complete and submit the CAPP housing request form.
Make your travel arrangements to Savannah, Georgia. Be sure you arrive July 27–28, 2016. If you would like to be picked up from the Savannah airport, email ISSO with the following information at least two weeks prior to your arrival:
- Arrival date
- Arrival time
- Airline name
- Submit a photo for your SCAD ID card by Friday, July 15, 2016. You may submit your photo electronically through MySCAD under the new student tab.
- Review important visa and immigration information. The ISSO will email you this information after SCAD receives your CAPP program payment.
After you arrive in Savannah:
Attend the mandatory orientation session on Friday, July 29, 2016. Be sure to bring the following legal documents with you:
- F-1 visa