Frequently asked questions

How do I get to SCAD?

SCAD Savannah is easily accessible from Interstate 95 and U.S. 17. An international airport, train station and bus station provide service from major cities in the United States. A shuttle from the airport, train station and bus station to SCAD will be available during orientation.

Is transportation provided? Is parking available?

SCAD buses provide free transportation to and from all academic buildings and residence halls and to various college events. Students with medical needs may arrange for transportation at any time. Bicycles are a convenient source of transportation in Savannah, and bicycle racks are located at SCAD buildings. Limited college parking is available at various residence halls and near academic buildings.

To park on SCAD property, students must register their vehicles through MySCAD and request a parking permit. Students may pick up their requested parking decals at any SCAD Card Services location by showing a valid college ID and proof of automobile registration and insurance. The current decal must then be displayed on their registered vehicles at all times. For more information, visit transportation.

Where can I get my schedule adjusted?

A representative from the student success and advising office can assist you in Bradley Hall, 115 E. York St.

When is drop/add?

Drop/add takes place at Bradley Hall, 115 E. York St. Drop/add week is the first five business days of each quarter.

I have questions about my classes.

If you have questions about what is covered in your class, talk to the professor. If you have concerns about why you are registered in a particular course, talk to a student success adviser during drop/add week.

When do classes start?

The first day of class varies each quarter. Visit the academic calendar for more information.

Do I have to attend the orientation sessions?

All incoming students are required to attend the orientation sessions.

I arrived after orientation. How do I check in?

You can check in with your student success adviser in Bradley Hall, 115 E. York St.

I arrived late. How do I find my orientation group?

Your orientation group number is on the front of your folder. Most orientation group meetings take place either before or after orientation sessions.

How do I get my parking permit?

Students may obtain parking permits at Bradley Hall or the Turner Express Office weekdays, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Vehicles must be registered in MySCAD in order to request a parking permit. To obtain the parking permit, students must show a valid college ID and proof of automobile registration and insurance.

I am an international student. Where should I go?

You should plan to attend the ISSO orientation. There you will be able to pick up a valid college ID. If you do not attend the ISSO orientation, call the International Student Services Office at 912.525.7304.

I don't know which residence hall I have been assigned to.

You should speak with a member of the residence life staff in Oglethorpe House, call 912.525.7000 or email [email protected].

I have not paid for housing but want a place to live.

You should speak with a member of the residence life staff in Oglethorpe House, call 912.525.7000 or email [email protected].

How do I connect to the Internet in my residence hall room?

Contact the Technology Support Center in Propes Hall at 912.525.4567 or [email protected].

When should I buy books and supplies?

Attend your first class for each course. The individual professors will walk you through your syllabus and needs for each course.

Is it too late to submit my portfolio for scholarship consideration?

All admission scholarships are awarded at least 30 days prior to the start of the quarter. Contact your admission adviser for further details.

We need a general estimate of how much to put on the SCAD debit account (for books and miscellaneous expenses).

Because books and miscellaneous expenses vary for each class, this depends solely on the classes the student is taking. However, a student and/or parent can add money to the card anytime by visiting the SCAD Card site.

How do I put money on my SCAD debit account?

Students can activate their SCAD Cash account by completing the SCAD Card and SCAD Cash agreement, located in the My SCAD Card channel under the My Info tab in MySCAD. Students and/or parents can access the SCAD Card site and deposit money via credit card, or they can contact the office or come in to put money on their card by cash, money order, check, or transfer of excess funds on their student account.

Can I change my meal plan after a few weeks into the quarter?

A student can change his/her meal plan during the first two weeks of the quarter. After this time, the meal plan cannot be changed under any circumstances. Meal plans canceled by the fourth week of the quarter may entail a prorated refund (see a SCAD Card representative for details).

What activities are planned for parents?

An extensive array of orientation information sessions is planned. Parents and families are encouraged to attend these sessions.

Need more information?

For more information, email [email protected].