Keys Hall, SCAD Savannah

Keys Hall

516 Abercorn St.
Savannah, Georgia

Keys Hall was built in 1870 for Algernon Hartridge, a captain of the DeKalb riflemen. The four-story Italianate residence, designed by Henrik Wallin and Edwin Young, is constructed of Savannah grey brick with scored stucco, angled metal pediments over the windows, an ornate Greek revival pediment over the portal, and deep eaves supported by decorative wooden brackets.

The building was a residence for more than 50 years, until the Savannah Broadcasting Co. bought the structure in 1939 to serve as the studios of the local CBS affiliate, WTOC, adding the broadcast tower.

SCAD purchased Keys Hall in December of 1995. Keys Hall now houses the SCAD communications department.

All facilities