Submit your best work for a chance to win a one-course tuition scholarship
SCAD seeks outstanding student work for the 2016 Foundation Studies Portfolio Award Exhibition.
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016
Closing reception: Friday, Feb. 26, 2016, 2 p.m.
Any undergraduate student with fewer than 71 credit hours and who has completed or is currently enrolled in at least one foundation studies course is eligible to submit to this exhibition.
In an email to professor Jeffrey Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2016 FSPA” by Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016, include:
- Your name, SCAD email, phone number, major or intended major and home address (not your SCAD address) in the body of the email.
- A typed, one-page, double-spaced statement titled, "Why Foundation Studies Is Important to My Education.”
- A screenshot of your unofficial transcript, accessible via MySCAD > Student Workspace tab > Academic Profile channel > "Transcript" link. Select "undergraduate" and "unofficial" from the drop-down menu. (Be sure to screen shot the entire document. Use the Safari browser, as Firefox and others do not show the entire document.)
Five original pieces of artwork completed while attending SCAD.
- Digital images of the work must be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Images should be saved at 72 DPI (high resolution, no less than 300 PPI in any direction).
- Each PowerPoint image slide should include your name, contact information, title of the work, medium(s) used, physical dimensions and class in which it was produced (including the professor’s name).
Any submission that does not follow the guidelines exactly will not be considered. For instructions on photographing, sizing and loading your photos in a PowerPoint format, visit the foundation studies blog.
Accepted works must be delivered to Wallin Hall by noon, Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016. We reserve the right to reject works that are poorly prepared or lacking in craftsmanship or diverge greatly from the digital image submitted.
Awards and prizes:
Ten finalists will receive a $100 Ex Libris voucher. One finalist will be selected as the overall winner and will receive a tuition scholarship for one class for a subsequent quarter at SCAD.