This is your time — experience it all
Cutting-edge resources. Connected faculty. Celebrated guests and world-renowned events. As a sculpture student at SCAD, you can capitalize on every opportunity to get the most out of your student experience.
Facilities for fine arts
The ACA Sculpture Studio of SCAD in Atlanta allows you to delve into sculpture in one of the finest studios in American higher education. Adjacent to the prestigious High Museum of Art in Midtown Atlanta, the facility offers the state-of-the-art equipment you need to bring your ideas to life.
Premium tools always at your fingertips:
- Metal fabrication and wood shop with band saws, welders, radial arm saws, panel saws, drillers, mixers, furnaces, sandblasters, disc sanders, ceramic shell rooms, spray booth, kiln metal brakes and grinders
- Bronze, aluminum and stainless steel foundry
- Casting and mold-making
- PC lab with 3-D rapid prototyping printer, CNC milling and laser cutter
- 24-hour graduate student studio space
- Workshop with two kilns for glass and ceramics
- Lecture classrooms with ample space to learn and collaborate
The university's annual contemporary art showcase, deFINE ART takes place each year at SCAD's locations in Savannah, Atlanta and Hong Kong. The symposium features unique events with artists and designers all over the world, and exhibitions across three cities.
Discover more SCAD events on our calendar
Make your SCAD experience even more unforgettable
We encourage students to take a quarter abroad at one of our international locations as a means of gaining cultural perspective, adding a worldly dimension to their résumés, and drawing inspiration from the sights, sounds and characters of an entirely new setting.
View our locations
Take the first step to becoming a professional sculptor
We'll tell you everything you need to know about launching your career in sculpture. Just request more information from SCAD, and let us do the rest.