B.F.A. in sculpture
Foundation studies: 35 hours
- DRAW 100 Drawing I: Form and Space
- DRAW 101 Drawing II: Composition and Media
- DRAW 200 Life Drawing I
- DSGN 100 Design I: Elements and Organization
- DSGN 101 Color: Theory and Application
- DSGN 102 Design II: 3-D Form in Space
- DSGN 204 Design III: Time
General education: 60 hours
- ARTH 100 Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH 110 Survey of Western Art II
- ARTH 207 20th-century Art
- BUSI 101 The Design of Business
- CMPA 100 Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- CMPA 110 Advanced Survey of Computer Art Applications*
- COMM 105 Speaking of Ideas
- ENGL 123 Composition
- PHIL 301 Aesthetics†
- — ARLH or ARTH elective†
- — ENGL elective
- — General education elective‡
- — Mathematics/natural sciences elective‡
- — Social/behavioral sciences elective‡
Major curriculum: 75 hours
- CLC 580 Collaboration§
- ITGM 347 Applied Principles: Physical Computing§
- SCPT 214 Fabrication, Construction and Materials
- SCPT 216 Ideas Taking Shape: Malleable Media and Multiples
- SCPT 250 Computer Modeling for Laser Cutting and 3-D Printing
- SCPT 301 Moldmaking Technologies: Design and Production for Industry and Special Effects#
- SCPT 304 Modeling: Reimagining the Figure#
- SCPT 307 Foundry: Expression in Cast Metals#
- SCPT 320 Mind to Matter: Realizing Concepts through Material Exploration
- SCPT 445 Integrating Place and Audience: The Art of Spectacle¶
- SCPT 450 Digital Fabrication: From Idea to Object¶
- SCPT 470 Sculpture Senior Studio I: Concept to Audience
- SCPT 490 Sculpture Senior Studio II: Refining a Cohesive Body of Work
- SFIN 220 Art of Tomorrow
- SFIN 305 Body as Concept: Prosthetics to Cosplay¶
- SFIN 360 Installation Art: Light, Sound and the Projected Image
- SFIN 413 Business and Professional Practices for Fine Arts
- SFIN 415 Branding and Entrepreneurship for Fine Arts
- SFIN 492 Exhibition Design as Practice**
- SFIN 494 Collaboration and Production in Creative Industries**
- VSFX 447 Models and Miniatures††
- — SCPT or SFIN elective§
- — SCPT or SFIN elective††
Additional electives: 10 hours
- — Free elective
- — Free elective
Total course of study: 180 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.
† Choose one course.
‡ Consult the general education and mathematics competency requirements.
§ Choose one course.
# Choose one of these three courses.
¶ Choose one of these three courses.
** Choose one of these two courses.
†† Choose one course.
Consult your faculty adviser in selecting elective courses.
Course numbers and titles are subject to change.