Apply to Rising Star
|2016 application timeline|
|Sept. 1||Application available online|
US$250 (HK$1,940) program fee and all forms due
|June 1||Balance due|
|After May 15||Completed application packets reviewed on a space-available basis|
Invoices are sent at the time of acceptance; however, if acceptance is granted after payment due dates, fees are due upon acceptance.
Applications for the 2016 Rising Star program will be available Sept. 1.
Admission to Rising Star is highly selective and preference is granted to applicants with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, a strong visual arts portfolio, and demonstration of maturity, leadership and responsibility.
- Completed online application.
- US$40/HK$310 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official high school/secondary school transcript. (Applicants must be current high school juniors.)
- Evidence of English proficiency for those whose first language is not English. (These applicants must provide qualifying test scores on one of the following: TOEFL, IELTS, ACTFL or PTE Academic. View our undergraduate admission requirements for details.)
SCAD may request supplemental materials if needed.
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- List of achievements
- Official report of SAT or ACT scores for citizens or permanent residents of the United States (optional for Rising Star admission; required for freshman admission)
- If applicable, any other documents or materials required to obtain a student visa
Portfolios are evaluated on the following qualitative measures: aesthetic awareness, composition, drawing, design, color perception, spatial perception, quality of presentation, technique and originality. Strong 2-D and 3-D work that shows attention to technique, drawing, scale and original design are favorably considered.