Design for 3-D action figures minor
Action figure designers create coveted collectables, exciting toys and intricate décor pieces that capture characters and life forms, as well as the imagination. Desirable designs require an understanding of visual literacy, anatomy, branding, sculpture, color theory, points of articulation and scale. In this minor program, SCAD teaches these essentials in a broad, creative context, with opportunities to collaborate with those in parallel disciplines such as branded entertainment, motion media design, animation, and interactive design and game development.
- ANIM 250 Digital Form, Space and Lighting
- ITGM 333 Sculptural Texturing for Games
- SEQA 224 Character Design and Storyboarding for Animation
- SEQA 326 Conceptual Maquette Design
- SEQA 436 3-D Action Figures Design