Concept design for animation and games minor
Concept illustrators ideate worlds, characters, environments and objects found in games, animations, movies, theme parks and beyond. To cultivate these innovative concepts, illustrators fuse problem-solving strategies with mastery of digital tools, anatomy, perspective, color and visual storytelling. Students are immersed in the process of creating as they establish a body of work that demonstrates technical skill and visual narrative proficiency.
- MOME 120 Concepts and Storyboards
- ITGM 130 Digital Design Aesthetics
- SEQA 311 Conceptual Illustration
- ILLU 326 Atmospheric and Environmental Illustration
- ILLU 384 Anatomy and Rendering for the Real and Imagined
- ILLU 160 Illustrative Anatomy and Perspective
- ILLU 218 Materials and Techniques
- ILLU 225 Digital Illustration
- ILLU 434 Concept Design for Animation and Games
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of the following: ILLU 326 Atmospheric and Environmental Illustration, ILLU 384 Anatomy and Rendering for the Real and Imagined, ITGM 130 Digital Design Aesthetics, MOME 120 Concepts and Storyboards or SEQA 311 Conceptual Illustration.