Acting for the camera minor
Actors bring the story to life in front of a camera. Memorable performances move audiences in movie theaters, in front of TV screens, and even on mobile devices. Acting for the camera requires a distinct approach in terms of complex vocal, physical and emotional expression. In addition to helping students portray believable characters for different genres, the minor also places special emphasis on developing techniques and methodologies for auditioning and performing for the screen.
- FILM 224 Survey of Film*
- PERF 103 Introduction to Performance
- PERF 314 Acting for the Camera I
- PERF 414 Acting for the Camera II
- PERF 416 Auditioning for Film and Television
- TELE 202 Survey of Television*
Total course of study: 25 hours
* Choose one of these two courses.