Television producing professor
- B.A., Florida International University
- M.F.A., University of Miami
- Formed her own production company, Muslimah Movies, to focus on telling the real story of who Muslims truly are.
- Co-coordinated fundraiser for President Barack Obama, hosted by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, featuring Michelle Obama.
- Served as executive producer of a documentary film, “Meet the Muhammads”, based on the life of a Dallas, Texas Muslim American polygamous family.
Awards, recognitions and honors
- Featured in 2011 Associated Press article about up-and-coming writers and producers in the Los Angeles area.
- Selected as one of 22 delegates out of more than 100 applicants to attend the first-ever American Muslim Women’s Leadership Training program hosted by the Crown Prince of the United Arab Emirates in 2009.