General education professor
- B.A., psychology, City University of New York
- Ph.D., psychology, City University of New York
- More than 18 years of experience teaching at institutions such as City University of New York, Brookdale Community College and Texas Woman's University
- Program evaluator, Promise House Inc., 2007–2011
- Program evaluator, La Sima Foundation, 2005–2007
- Research associate, Addiction Research and Treatment Corporation, 1990–1995
- Research associate, National Development and Research Institutes Inc., 1985–1995
Publications and Presentations
- "Racial Oppression and Other Black Identity Correlates," in "Meaning-Making, Internalized Racism, and African American Identity," edited by William Cross and Jas Sullivan, SUNY Press, 2016.
- "Public perceptions, knowledge and stigma toward people with schizophrenia," written by T. Asbury, J. Brooks, K. Foster, J. Reddy and V. Smith, Journal of Public Mental Health, vol. 10, no. 1 (45–46), 2011.
- Contributor, chapters "Clark, Kenneth Bancroft," "Race" and "Identity," in Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development, edited by Sam Goldstein and Jack Naglieri, Springer, 2011.
- "Abuse of Women with Disabilities: Toward an Empowerment Perspective," written by Kenneth Foster and Mark Sandel, Journal of Sexuality and Disability, vol. 28, no. 3 (177-186), 2010.
- "African American Activists' Perceptions of Racism and Empowerment," in "African-American Political Psychology: Identity, Opinion, and Action in the Post-Civil Rights Era," edited by Tasha Philpot and Ismail White, 171–186, Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- "The Complexity and Challenge of Conceptualization and Assessment of Social Identity," in "Self-regulation and Social Competence: Psychological Studies in Identity, Achievement and Work-Family Dynamics," edited by McWelling Todman, 19–33, Athens Institute for Education and Research, 2009.
- "Racial discrimination-induced anger and alcohol use among black adolescents," written by Kenneth Foster, Aletha R. Miller and Francis Terrell, Adolescence, vol. 41, no. 163 (485–492), 2006.
- "Public Perceptions of Mental Illness: An Iranian Cohort Study," presented by A. Banks, P. Briggs, L. Fennimore, K. Foster, S. Morley and N. Rushin at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, New York, New York, 2015.
- "Racial Identity Centrality: Is Whiteness Whited Out?" presented by K. Foster and R.L. Winton at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, D.C., 2013.
- "Integrating Mental Health and Substance Abuse Care with HIV/AIDS Prevention," presented by Sharon Asonganyi and Kenneth Foster at the 2012 Texas HIV/STD Conference, Austin, Texas, October 2012.
- "Correlates of Social Tolerance for People With Schizophrenia," presented by Edlyn Alfaro, Edward Asbury, Kenneth Foster, Jairus Reddy, Alison Santos and Nicole Williams at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Chicago, Illinois, May 2012.
- "The Relations between Well-being, Attitudinal, and Behavioral Factors across Racial Identity Orientations," presented at the Sixth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2011.
- "Public perceptions, knowledge and stigma toward people with schizophrenia," presented by E. Asbury, K. Foster and J. Reddy at the annual meeting of the Texas Psychological Association, Dallas, Texas, 2010.
- "Public perceptions, knowledge and stigma toward schizophrenics," poster presented by K. Foster, J. Reddy and E. Asbury at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Boston, Massachusetts, May 2010.
- "Abuse of women with disabilities: Toward an empowerment perspective," paper presented by K. Foster and M. Sandel at the National Summit on Interpersonal Violence and Abuse Across the Lifespan, Dallas, Texas, February 2010.
- "Family-of-origin influences on the parenting attitudes of parenting and pre-parenting adolescents," poster session presented by K. Foster, K. Booker and R.L. Levine at the annual meeting of the Office of Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, Raleigh, North Carolina, January 2010.
- "Public perceptions, knowledge and stigma toward schizophrenics," poster presented by J. Reddy and K. Foster at fourth annual Undergraduate Psychology Conference, Stanford University, Stanford, California, May 2009.
- "Keeping it REAL: Race, education and leadership," workshop conducted at University of North Texas Black Student Leadership Conference, Denton, Texas, April 2009.
- "Social identity: What's race got to do with it?" paper presented at Texas Woman's University College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Spotlight Series, Denton, Texas, February 2009.
- "Leadership, racism, education: How the puzzle pieces fit," invited presentation at Texas Woman's University Cultural Connections Conference, Denton, Texas, February 2009.