- B.A., Lancaster University
- Ph.D., Lancaster University
Awards, recognition and honors
Inclusion in Marquis Who's Who as educator of note, 2006; SCAD Presidential Award, 2003
Jonathan Field, Ph.D., is an experienced lecturer and artist with extensive knowledge in coordinating a range of art education programs. He is committed to an interdisciplinary model of art education and has established a strong exhibiting portfolio. His area of expertise is the 20th century, particularly the post-War period, with a focus on the relationship between postmodern American literature and visual representation.
Publications and presentations
- "Sisyphus," Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta; Forum Gallery, Cranbrook Academy of Art; and the Sarai Media Lab, New Delhi, India. Also broadcast as part of "Indie Show Case," hosted by Cox Communication, Georgia.
- SECAC/MACAA Exhibition (juried), Parthenon Gallery, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Shimmer," Transcultural Exchange, Boston, Massachusetts.
- "Horizons," Red Gallery, Savannah, Georgia.
- "Monster," STARCCA Gallery, Savannah, Georgia.
- "60 Seconds of Play," Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia, and Forum Gallery, Cranbrook Academy of Art.