B.A., University of Vermont
I love inspiring others to be creative and giving them the tools to express themselves in animation.Jan Carlée | Animation professor
Awards, recognition and honors
- Electronic Theater, Siggraph, 1983, "Doggie"
- Clio Award, 1983, "Best Computer Animation, "Worm War One"
- Electronic Theater, Siggraph, 1994, "Where The Wild Things Are" test
- Mobius Awards, 1986, Outstanding Creativity, "Bell Atlantic Integration"
- Houston Film Festival, 1987, Gold Award, "IBM Fractals"
- Chicago Film Festival, 1987, Gold Plaque, "IBM Fractals"
- Computer Graphics Film & Video, 1987, Gold Award, "IBM Fractals"
- Electronic Theater - Siggraph, 1993, Computer animation Highlights, "Thumbelina"
- Telly Award, 1995, "Brother Printer Glitches"
- Clio Award, 1999, Nature's Resource "Echinacea"
- International Monitor Award, 1999, Nature's Resource "Echinacea"
- Mobius Advertising Award, 1999, "Mannington Floor Mosaics"
- Telly Award, 2000, "Mannington Floor Mosaics"
- Emmy Award, 2010, Voice Talent "Abby's Flying Fairy School"
- Emmy Award, 2010, Character Design "Abby's Flying Fairy School"
- Red Stick Animation Festival, 2010, Children's category "Abby's Flying Fairy School"
Creative director/animation director, SpeakeasyFX; director/producer and director of photography, I.D.T./Starz; animation director, Wildbrain; member of the Advisory Board for Animation, Art Institute of California - San Francisco; instructor, A&M University; layout supervision, PDI/Dreamworks; sequence director/storyboard artist, Blue Sky Studios; director of digital imagery, Don Bluth Entertainment; computer animation director, R/Greenburg Associates; computer animator, Magi-Synthavision; production coordinator, Howard Graphics; 2-D animator, Penpoint Studios; production manager and 2-D animator, Vermont Cinegraphics; camera assistant, Francis Lee Animation
Publications and presentations
Chairman for a panel discussion on visual effects at the Imagina conference 1990