SCAD announces 2014 Sidewalk Arts Festival winners
Sidewalk Arts 2014 Best in Show, Madison Berger (B.F.A., illustration, 2010) and Katie Campbell (B.F.A., graphic design, 2004)
Savannah College of Art and Design held its 33rd annual Sidewalk Arts Festival Saturday, April 26, in Forsyth Park. Thousands of visitors viewed temporary chalk masterpieces created on the walkways of the historic park, and approximately 1,000 SCAD students, alumni and prospective students competed for prizes.
Attendees to this year’s festival were again encouraged to share their imagination and creativity through Instagram using #scadchalk.
The following is a complete list of winners:
Graduate Student Award: Illustration students Sanaz Bagheraloloum Yazdani and Farnaz Koodakjahani
Drawing Minor Award: Animation student Laurie Murray
Student Award (Individual)
- First Place: Illustration student Nguyen Tran
- Second Place: Production design student Katerina Kojeva
- Third Place: Painting student Mirielle Jefferson
Student Award (Group)
- First Place: Illustration student Hyeonji Kim and fashion marketing and management student Soobin Lee.
- Second Place: Painting student Chelsie Liberati and illustration student Ariel Gomez.
- Third Place: Illustration students Whitney Williams, Lindsey Cirmotich and animation student Jordan Rosato.
- First Place: Cliff Lummus (B.F.A., graphic design, 2006; M.F.A., writing, 2011)
- Second Place: Alan Gallardo (B.F.A., graphic design, 2001)
- Third Place: Stephen Cole (B.F.A., sequential art, 2001)
High School Competition
- First Place: Kari Hiner
- Second Place: Jessie Wilkinson
- Third Place: Nicolas Moscosa
A total of 85 high school participants representing Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York and South Carolina entered the festival.
Media may call 912.525.5236 or 912.247.2574 for image requests.
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution conferring bachelor’s and master’s degrees at distinctive locations and online to prepare talented students for professional careers. SCAD offers degrees in more than 40 majors. Visit the official SCAD blog at scad.edu/blog.