Second year: executing your professional plans
- Make sure your résumé or curriculum vitae is effective and up-to-date. Make an appointment with a career adviser to review your application materials.
- Finalize your portfolio or demo reel. Ask for feedback from a career adviser and faculty members. Invest your time, energy and skills into making this a quality piece that highlights your multiple talents as an artist.
- Continue to attend events related to your desired profession. Network with other professionals and learn about available opportunities.
- Enter your work in festivals, shows, professional conferences, exhibitions and competitions to gain visibility and feedback from others.
- Evaluate the internship experience to identify the type of employer with whom you are hoping to find full-time, part-time or freelance career opportunities in art and design.
- Complete your master's project/thesis. This in-depth project not only should meet the requirements of your degree program, but also should be considered as a tool that highlights your strengths to a potential employer.
To receive periodic updates about career opportunities and events sponsored by our office, sign up for our weekly email, Career News.