Published: Dec 18, 2012
SCAD alumnae Kendra Duplantier and Kita Nolley are semifinalists in the 2013 Emerging Designer Competition: East, to be held during Charleston Fashion Week in March.
Savannah, Georgia -- Twelve SCAD alumnae and students have been selected as semifinalists in the sixth annual Emerging Designer Competition: East.
The SCAD semifinalists account for more than half of the 20 designers selected for the competition, which is slated to be held during Charleston Fashion Week, March 19 - 23, 2013, in Charleston, South Carolina.
Chosen from hundreds of applicants, representing 21 states, Emerging Designer semifinalists will each create a full Fall 2013 collection to be debuted on the Charleston Fashion Week runway in March.
SCAD's 2013 Emerging Designer Competition: East semifinalists are:
- Callie Nichol (B.F.A., fashion, 2012)
- Cassidy Brown (B.F.A., fashion, 2012)
- Hope Wallace (M.A., fashion, 2007)
- Hyemin Cho (M.F.A., student, fashion)
- Karen Hulse (B.F.A., fashion, 2011)
- Katherine Barron (B.F.A., fashion, 2012)
- Kendra Duplantier (B.F.A., fashion, 2011)
- Kita Nolley (M.A., fashion, 2012)
- Mary Katherine Schweitzer (M.A., fashion, 2011)
- Monisha Pillai (B.F.A., fashion, 2011)
- Roz Morris (former SCAD student)
- Sabrina Spanta (B.F.A. student, fashion,)
In addition, Charleston Fashion Week has selected Brooke Ray (B.F.A., fashion, 2010) as its 2013 Emerging Bridal Design winner. Ray will debut her collection at Charleston Weddings magazine's Spring Bridal Show on March 23, 2013.
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution conferring bachelor's and master's degrees at distinctive locations and online to prepare talented students for professional careers. SCAD offers degrees in more than 40 majors
For more SCAD news, follow: