Published: Jul 11, 2011
SCAD Design Group won the Creative Excellence Award in the Booths Less Than 400 square feet category.
SAVANNAH, Georgia-The Savannah College of Art and Design's design group won the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and Contract magazine annual booth design competition at NeoCon 2011 in Chicago for the SCAD School of Building Arts
booth at the trade show. SCAD Design Group won the Creative Excellence Award in the Booths Less Than 400 square feet category.
The 16th Annual IIDA Showroom and Booth Design Competition is a partnership between IIDA and Contract magazine. The award winners were presented with certificates on June 12 and will be featured in an upcoming issue of Contract.
The competition judges were:
- Bill Clegg, FIIDA, Fletcher Thompson (Hartford, Connecticut)
- Ashley Handley, IIDA, Williams Blackstock Architects (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Scott Hierlinger, IIDA, Nelson (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Steve McCollom, IIDA, AIA, Sasaki (San Francisco, California)
- Kay Wulf, IIDA, ASID (Chicago, Illinois)
The IIDA/Contract Magazine Showroom and Booth Design Competition seeks to honor originality of design, visual impact, effective use of materials and outstanding use of space, color, texture and graphics in showrooms and booths at NeoCon 2011. Categories may not be awarded every year.