A valid SCAD ID is needed to check out materials.
Circulation periods are as follows:
- Undergraduates may check out up to 10 circulating books for two-week periods.
- Graduate students may check out up to 30 books at a time.
- Faculty members may check out books for 180 days, but the books are subject to recall for use by another patron after three weeks.
- SCAD staff (non-faculty) may check out up to 10 circulating books for two-week periods.
- SCAD Alumni may check out up to five circulating books for two-week periods.
Checked-out materials may be renewed online provided that:
- The item is not on hold for another patron.
- The item is not overdue.
- The patron does not owe any fines to the library.
- If unable to renew online, please bring the item(s) to the library in-person or call for more information.
Reference books, reserve materials, periodicals and special collections are for in-library use only.
Fines are charged on overdue materials at the following rates:
- Circulating materials: 10 cents per day
- Interlibrary loan materials: $5 per day
- Reserve materials (limited in-library use only): $1 per hour
- Fines can be paid in the library with cash or check (no credit cards). Please call the library if you are unable to pay a fine in-person.