Visa information

International student information

Visa information

Students planning to attend SCAD Hong Kong who do not have a right of abode in Hong Kong must apply for a student visa.


Students who wish to apply for a student visa to study at SCAD Hong Kong must:

  • have a passport that is valid for at least one year after the proposed date of entry into Hong Kong;
  • meet with a student success adviser to confirm Hong Kong class option; students in Hong Kong on a visa must be enrolled full-time (three classes for undergraduate students, two for graduate students);
  • complete campus location change process as outlined in SCAD Hong Kong transfer guide obtained from adviser.

Students must have sufficient funds for study in Hong Kong. Funding can be in the form of bank deposits, grants, loans, scholarships and regular income.

Current SCAD students transferring to SCAD Hong Kong should secure at least HK$120,000 (~US15,464) for each quarter of study in Hong Kong.

New students admitted to SCAD Hong Kong should secure at least HK$360,000 (~US$46,392) for every academic year. Requirements may change on a case-by-case basis. Please confirm financial details with an admission adviser.

The Hong Kong Immigration Department requires students to attach supporting documents in the application to prove funding source. For documents required please refer to the 'Student Visa Application' section.

SCAD Hong Kong Visa Information

Information for SCAD students on applying for a student visa for study in Hong Kong.

Student visa application

Edith Mak, student success coordinator at SCAD Hong Kong, will assist you with the visa application.

Learn more

Application deadline

According to the Hong Kong Immigration Department guidelines, a student visa application requires six weeks to process.

Learn more


Extension of student visa

It is students' responsibility to take note of their visa's expiration date and to renew it on time.

Learn more


Frequently asked questions

View answers to frequently asked questions.

Learn more