July 26–27, 2017
Participants arrive in Savannah and check in with SCAD ISSO.
July 28–30, 2017
Orientation and welcome activities begin.
July 31–Aug. 24, 2017
- Academic ESL classes begin.
- Classes run 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Cultural activities, Savannah excursions and SCAD discussions take place in the afternoon.
On select weekends, participants travel to Tybee Island, Georgia; Atlanta, Georgia; and Orlando, Florida.
- Aug. 4-6, 2017: Students spend the weekend in Savannah shopping, visiting historic River Street and enjoying Captain Mike's dolphin tour on Tybee Island.
- Aug. 10-13, 2017: Students travel to SCAD Atlanta, and tour the campus and explore the city. Other activities while in Atlanta include a day trip to the Coca-Cola museum and Georgia Aquarium along with optional whitewater rafting in the mountains of Tennessee.
- Aug. 18-21, 2017: Students spend three nights in sunny Orlando, Florida, home to Universal Studios and Walt Disney World. An optional side excursion takes the CAPP group to the Kennedy Space Center.
Friday, Aug. 25, 2017
- CAPP ends
- All students relocating to their residence hall or off-campus residence will be provided assistance.
Program calendar is subject to change.