Medical emergencies and care
In the event of a medical emergency, call 911 and request that an ambulance be dispatched to the location. The member of the SCAD community making the call should remain at the location until the emergency responders arrive. Be prepared to give the following details:
- The person's name
- Information about the incident
- Details about the person's condition
After you have contacted 911, call the Department of University Safety to report the incident.
5353 Reynolds St.
Savannah, GA 31405
11705 Mercy Blvd.
Savannah, GA 31419
Memorial Health University Medical Center
4700 Waters Ave.
Savannah, GA 31404
Non-emergency medical response
St. Joseph's/Candler operates the SCAD Center for Health, a minor illness clinic for SCAD students.
The clinic is located at:
1900 Abercorn St.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additionally, there are urgent care centers located at:
361 Commercial Drive at Eisenhower Drive
107 Canal Street on Pooler Parkway
Concentra Urgent Care
688 Spring St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Piedmont Minor Emergency Clinic
3108 Piedmont Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
A high blood concentration level of alcohol can result in unpredictable behavior, unconsciousness and even death. This emergency condition can be compounded if other drugs were also taken.
Call 911 if the person:
- Cannot be awakened by shaking or shouting.
- Has shallow or irregular breathing.
- Drank alcohol in combination with other drugs.
- Has cold, clammy or flushed skin.
- Is disoriented or incoherent or has collapsed. In this situation do not leave the person alone. Lay them on their side. Check regularly for breathing and consciousness until medical help arrives.
After calling 911, call the Department of University Safety to report the incident.
Mental health emergencies
Call 911 or the following:
3995 S. Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
770.434.4567 or 800.329.9775
Grady Memorial Hospital
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
For all mental health emergencies in Savannah, contact 911 and the Department of University Safety.
Additional contact information
- Drug Helpline: 800.662.4357
- Poison Control: 800.222.1222
- Fulton County Health (Atlanta): 404.612.1211
- Chatham County Health (Savannah): 912.356.2441
Rape Crisis Center
- Atlanta: 404.616.4861
- Savannah: 912.233.7273
Department of University Safety
Emergency contact numbers
Emergencies in the U.S.
Emergencies in France
Emergencies in Hong Kong
To arrange a SafeRide, call 404.253.3333 in Atlanta or 912.525.4500 in Savannah.