Special housing accommodations

Due to the high demand for housing, private rooms generally are not available. Students with medical needs who may require a private room or other specific housing assignments should indicate their needs on the housing application and must provide a letter from a licensed physician certifying any condition that requires specific provisions or necessitates special consideration. The physician's letter should be submitted to the department of counseling and student support services at SCAD for review by June 1 for fall and six weeks prior to the start of every other quarter. Students participating in early housing sign-up should renew their accommodations by the early deadline. SCAD reviews all requests and notifies students once a decision is made.