Frequently asked questions

How do you assign students?

We make assignments, as space allows, based on a combination of personal, hall and roommate preferences submitted, along with the date the reservation fee was paid to the student accounts office. Returning students living on campus have the option to participate in early housing sign-up during spring quarter in order to select housing for the next academic year.

Can I change rooms prior to my arrival?

Once assignments are made and students are notified of their assignment, we are unable to make changes until after the first week of classes. Changes at that time are based on space availability.

Why did I not get the roommate I wanted?

There could be a few reasons: one or both of you did not pay the balance by Aug. 1, the request was not mutual, or you and your requested roommate did not request the same building.

Why was I assigned a different building than I listed under hall preferences?

We prioritize new incoming student housing assignments based on the date we receive the reservation fee. It is likely there were no available spaces by the time we reached your name. Returning students living on campus have the option to participate in early housing sign-up during spring quarter to select housing for the next academic year.

How many classes do I need to be registered for to live in the halls?

Students need to be enrolled full time (15 hours for undergraduate or 10 hours for graduate). If you plan to drop below full-time status, please contact our office before doing so.

How do I pay for the meal plan and when will I receive more information?

Meal plans are paid for through the student accounts office, Turner Express, SCAD Card or online. Additional information is available through the Turner Express or SCAD Card offices. Students living in D at The Hive, H at The Hive, Montgomery House, Oglethorpe House, Spring House (double and triple), Turner House or Turner Annex are required to select one of the four full residential meal plans. Meal plans are not available at Hong Kong Gold Coast Residences.

How can I cancel my housing license agreement?

The license agreement you signed at check-in to the room is binding for the entire academic year. Students who would like to request cancellation after the start of the quarter must submit the request via MySCAD. Only requests from the student will be accepted and are only considered under extenuating circumstances. You can expect a decision within one week of your request.


1600 Peachtree St. 
Atlanta, GA 30309 USA 
Fax: 404.253.3273

Hong Kong

292 Tai Po Road
Sham Shui Po
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Fax: 852.2253.8066


P.O. Box 3146
Savannah, GA 31402-3146 USA 
Fax: 912.525.7012