Designed in 1909 by architect Hyman Witcover for the Congregation B'nai B'rith as their synagogue. Classified as an exotic revival building, it features stylistic motifs including keyhole arches, defining windows with arabesque patterns, intricately carved and corbelled detail and Moorish-style domes. The synagogue was decommissioned in 1970 and was used as the site of the Saint Andrews Independent Episcopal Church until 2002. SCAD acquired the building in 2003 and reopened it as the Student Center in 2006.
Student Involvement, Service Opportunities for Students, United Student Forum, Inter-Club Council, Student Activities Council, and the Student Center Director's offices are located on the entry-level of the center. Also on the first floor is a coffee shop that serves freshly made Starbucks coffee, Odwalla fruit smoothies, fresh salads, soft drinks, juices, bottled water, muffins and more. Purchases can be made by using meal plans, dining dollars, cash or SCAD Card.