Pepe Hall

212 W. Taylor St.
Savannah, Georgia

Pepe Hall has more than 20,500 square feet of space dedicated to the study of fibers. The facility includes three classrooms, two graduate studios, two weaving studios, a conference and resource room, a CAD weaving lab, sewing lab featuring Juki and Bernina sewing machines and a Brother PR620 embroidery machine, felting and paper-making lab, a screen printing lab, a dye kitchen with induction burners, two bullet steamers, and a dye-mixing box, a Mimaki Textile Jet printer for digital textile printing, two large format printers, three weaving studios, and a Jacquard loom and 24 floor looms, felters and presses.

Built in 1906, using the same floor plan employed by Gottfried L. Norrman in the construction of Anderson Street School, the building originally opened its doors as the Barnard Street School, the first free public school in Georgia. The Mediterranean Revival style building has a battered brick basement and a central tapering bell tower above the entrance portico.

Associated programs:

All facilities