Lai Wa Hall
Erected in 1877, the building was once the home of prominent Savannah financier and cotton broker Thomas M. Butler. The historic structure was converted into offices for an insurance company in the early 1960s and later housed a law firm. The building was acquired by SCAD in 2002.
Located across from Forsyth Park, Lai Wa Hall has a marble foyer, a cast-iron staircase, wood inlay floors, marble mantels and leaded glass windows. The symmetrical facade features Palladian windows, Ionic columns on the main entrance and other classical elements that reflect a Beaux Arts influence.