Gold Coast Residences
Hong Kong Gold Coast Residences serves as the university's official housing option for students enrolled at SCAD Hong Kong. It offers apartment-style living quarters featuring three-bedroom arrangements with two bathrooms and a kitchen, dining room and living room. The facility offers students a number of amenities, including on-site dining options ranging from restaurants to a supermarket, free Internet, and round-the-clock security. Also located on the grounds are a bank, gym, swimming pool, golf driving range, as well as tennis and squash courts. The property sits on 100 acres of Pacific Ocean beachfront.
Public transportation and a limited shuttle service are available between the residences and SCAD Hong Kong. The trip takes approximately 30 minutes.
This coeducational residence hall is available for all students.
- 27-story building
- Occupancy: approximately 170
- Apartment-style living with private bedrooms for three students
- Single-floor apartments
- Air conditioning in living room and each bedroom
- Space heater in living room
- Two baths in each apartment with shower curtain, bath mat and towels
- Dining area with table, chairs and cabinet
- Living room with sofa, coffee table, television and DVD player
- Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, three-ring gas cooker, coffee maker, pots/pans, dishes, glassware and eating utensils
- Hair dryer, iron with ironing board, desk lamps, clothes hangers and alarm clock
- Standard twin-size beds with bed linens and pillows
- Desk and chair for each resident
- Wardrobe for each resident
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Washer/dryer combination machine in each unit
- Local telephone service; telephone provided
- Cable television service
- Internet access available; modem and router provided
- On-site dining options ranging from restaurants to a supermarket
- 24/7 security
- Gym, swimming pool, golf driving range, tennis and squash courts
- US$10,720/year* (master bedroom with private bathroom — A) for the 2015-16 academic year
- US$10,220/year* (medium size bedroom with shared bathroom — B) for the 2015-16 academic year
- US$9,720/year* (small bedroom with shared bathroom — C) for the 2015-16 academic year
- No meal plan available
* A nonrefundable and nontransferable housing reservation fee of US$250 for new incoming students and US$500 for returning students is deducted from the overall housing fee. Returning students who cancel after June 1 are subject to an additional US$250 nonrefundable cancellation fee.