Built in 1920, this former freight warehouse and wagon and carriage shop was part of the Central of Georgia Railroad complex. Original station doors exist throughout the building where passengers would wait for their train to arrive. Train tracks can be seen on the Chatham Steel side of the building. SCAD purchased the building in 2000. When removing a wall during restoration, workers found historic items now on display near professors' offices. The 15,000-square-foot facility is one home of the foundation studies department.
The facility's array of equipment includes a fully-stocked metal fabrication and wood shop; a computer lab with 3-D printers, CNC milling and laser cutters; two kilns for glass and ceramics; and a variety of support equipment.