2017-18 SCAD Academic Catalog Cover Call for Entries
Showcase your talent to audiences all over the world by submitting your exemplary artwork for a chance to be featured on the 2017–18 SCAD catalog cover — and to win $2,000 VISA® Gift Card.
The academic catalog is given to all prospective students to demonstrate the dynamic SCAD experience. This call for entries is for current students and alumni to submit original artwork of exceptional quality and enduring value from any area of study.
This contest is open to all current SCAD students and alumni from all areas of study and all forms of media. The medium can be painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, graphic design, digital media, video, etc.
The artwork submissions for the catalog cover should be one of a kind and should represent the creative talent at SCAD. In addition to creating a unique piece of art for the cover, there should also be a corresponding AR (augmented reality) piece. SCAD has implemented AR into the catalog to create an interactive experience for the viewer. The viewer will need to download the SCAD app to use the AR feature.
Last year’s cover featured artwork by photography alumnus Justin Chan. The image of ink had an AR component linked to a behind-the-scenes video of the creative process. The AR experience associated with the artwork is up to the discretion of the artist.
The submitted, original artwork should:
- Exhibit artistic excellence.
- Enhance the cover with a distinctive aesthetic experience that is both highly visible and welcoming to prospective students interested in SCAD.
- Include a corresponding AR (augmented reality) concept.
- Demonstrate SCAD as The University for Creative Careers.
- Avoid any display of violence, political messaging, sexual references, etc.
- Adhere to catalog cover limitations. Space is limited and will require the selected artist(s) to consider the placement carefully.
Please review the template for further guidelines and specifications and to ensure your work meets all requirements.
All artwork files should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 5 p.m., Friday, April 7.
Awards and prizes
The winner’s artwork may be used as the 2017–18 academic catalog cover, and the winner will also receive a VISA® Gift Card valued at $2,000.