Student and alumni information
Every year, hundreds of leading employers from around the world come to SCAD Career Fair to recruit talented students and alumni for jobs, internships and freelance opportunities.
Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
SCAD Career Fair 2018
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
1 International Drive, Savannah, Georgia
- Free parking is available at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center.
- SCAD shuttles will run from the Student Center beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- The Savannah Belles Ferry is free and runs throughout the day.
- A bus will be available to transport Atlanta students and alumni to SCAD Career Fair in Savannah. Beginning in December, log in to the SCAD Job Portal for more information.
Student entrance times
All students and alumni can access the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center at 9 a.m. to attend the day-of workshops. Access times to company booth spaces are based on class standing.*
9 a.m. | Alumni, grad students and seniors
10 a.m. | Juniors
1 p.m. | Freshmen and sophomores
A valid SCAD ID card is required for admission. Alumni can obtain a SCAD Card while in Savannah for the event. Learn more about obtaining a SCAD ID.
* Buzz Pass holders will be let in 30 minutes prior to their designated entrance time. Qualified juniors, seniors and graduate students can use a Buzz Pass to skip check-in and gain early access to company booths. Visit the SCAD Job Portal to learn more and apply for your Career Fair Buzz Pass.
All workshops will be held at Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, 1 International Drive, Savannah, Georgia. Workshop rooms TBA.
Go Beyond the F-1 Visa With Immigration Attorney Bob Johnson
Working in the U.S.: International Alumni Panel
Learn About the Groundbreaking SCAD+ Experience
Live Your Best Postgrad Life With Help From Industry and Alumni Engagement
Foundations of Freelance: Practices to Build a Strong Career
Show off your strongest work during a roundtable portfolio review with top recruiters at Career Fair. After check-in, go to the portfolio review area at the back of the exhibit hall to select a time slot on a first-come, first-served basis. Choose from three 20-minute rounds offered per session.
Visit the SCAD Job Portal to review open positions at each company and prepare your pitch.
10-11:30 a.m. | Morning session
- Copernicus Studios Inc.
- Primal Screen
1:30-3 p.m. | Afternoon session
- Abercrombie & Fitch
Navigate Career Fair with SCAD app
Beginning in February, SCAD Career Fair 2018 will fit into the palm of your hand. Find employers faster than ever, mark your favorite companies in advance and find everything you need with the SCAD app.
Here's how it works:
- Download the official SCAD app today.
- Career Fair content will be available in the app at the beginning of February. You will be able to access the content by tapping the "Career Fair 2018" image that will appear at the top of the Home screen.
- Find employers using the alphabetical listing and easily create a favorites list. New companies are added daily so check back often.
- Plan your day around scheduled workshops, presentations and portfolio reviews with top recruiters.
- When the employer booth map is released in mid-February, your favorites list will identify the booth location of each employer you’ve selected.
How to prepare
Before the fair
1Polish your portfolio
Prepare your résumé, portfolio and work samples. Get feedback from professors assistance at workshops offered by the office for career and alumni success. Free Wi-Fi will be available the day of the event. However, save a hard copy of your portfolio and work samples to present your work to employers.
2Build an online presence
SCAD has partnered with Behance to provide you with a free online portfolio. Employers who register for Career Fair are encouraged to preview the work of talented SCAD students and alumni on Behance.
3Meet with your career adviser
Make an appointment with your career adviser through the SCAD Job Portal. Create a target list, prepare your elevator pitch and be ready to share your strengths.
4Attend preparation workshops
Participate in career fair prep workshops to learn what you can do to succeed on the big day. For more information, browse the complete schedule of career fair workshops at SCAD Job Portal > Events > Workshops.
5Research available opportunities
Thoroughly research your target companies and gather background information so you can impress company representatives. Access the most up-to-date list of registered employers on the SCAD Job Portal to sort participating companies by targeted majors and class levels, types of opportunities, interviews offered and if they are considering international students.
6Get on the fast track.
Juniors, seniors, graduate students and alumni may qualify to gain early access to Career Fair by applying for a Buzz Pass. For consideration, submit your completed résumé and a link to your polished portfolio on the SCAD Job Portal.
"I was impressed to see a lot of people had a very diverse reel and portfolio. A fashion student had photography, but also had clothes that were designed like sportswear. It's really cool. Career Fair is a big eye opener."Daniel Belay (B.F.A., broadcast design, 2010) | Designer at CBS Sports
Day of the fair
1Dress for success
Dress as if you were going to a job interview — you want to present the best image possible. Jeans and other casual clothing are not appropriate.
Arrive early and have a strategy that includes an mind open. Evaluate booth lines and consider if your time would be better spent visiting with six companies or standing in line for one. If you see a booth without a line, go introduce yourself!
3Have a game plan
Review the booth map ahead of time to see where your target companies will be located. Then, when you arrive at the event, be ready to confidently introduce yourself to employers with any of these conversation starters:
- Discuss a particular career or job.
- Ask about common career paths.
- Discuss internship or summer job opportunities and the application process.
- Ask about new hire training.
Present your résumé or portfolio and be ready to discuss your background, qualifications and career goals.
4Exchange contact information
Trade business cards and see if you can connect with recruiters on LinkedIn after the event.
5Make the most of your time
Attend the exclusive workshops and presentations that we've arranged to help you maximize your career fair experience.
After the fair
Immediately following SCAD Career Fair, follow up with an email or handwritten note to thank the employers you met. Restate your interest in the company and the specific job you discussed.
Need more help?
For questions about SCAD Career Fair, email the office for career and alumni success at firstname.lastname@example.org.